Paraplanning Team Leader
We are looking for someone with specific experience and skills. You should be able to tick most or all of these boxes:
- Chartered status (or close to getting there) with strong technical knowledge and at least 5 years’ paraplanning experience.
- Working holistically, able to see a client’s ‘big picture’ and work out how they can best achieve their life goals. You may be used to financial planners who use the Kinder approach or similar.
- Strong capability with technology and systems, including cashflow forecasting, ideally Voyant.
- Comfortable with a wide range of financial planning areas, including: pension lifetime allowance, pension annual allowances, IHT including NRB and RNRB, business taxation reliefs, income tax and CGT allowances, offshore bonds, trusts, family investment companies and life insurances.
- Great attention to detail, positive approach, and a problem-solving mindset.
- Pension transfer qualifications and experience in preparing defined benefit pension advice would be advantageous.
- You will support our team of 4 paraplanners, plus other members of the Balance team from a technical standpoint. You will be responsible for our paraplanners’ technical development and ongoing learning.
- You will schedule work for our paraplanners and make sure financial plans and ongoing reviews for all clients are delivered accurately and on time, according to service expectations.
- Maintaining and developing our templates, calculators and input into process development.
- Working collaboratively with our financial planners, you will help give advice to our clients. You will create lifetime cashflow forecasts with multiple scenarios to test the extent to which they can achieve their goals. You will then write a financial plan with our summary advice, accompanied by a suitability report for regulated recommendations.
- A place on our Investment & Research Committee may be available, so you can shape the advice we give.
We offer all of this:
- Training and mentoring will be provided as needed.
- A supportive environment for continual learning. All technical qualification and training costs are met by the company.
- The opportunity to deliver truly great financial planning advice to our interesting clients, and impact on the whole team.
- The role is full time and based from our West Bridgford, Nottingham office. The office is closed on Mondays and Fridays. You would be expected to work remotely on those days and in the office Tuesday – Thursday. Flexible working is encouraged.
- Salary is dependent on experience. Bonuses are paid annually team wide and are not directly related to targets met.
- Attractive benefits including pension, life insurance, online GP service, mobile phone, generous holidays with the option to buy more, discounted shopping, free onsite parking and more. The company has a strong employee wellbeing focus.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please get in touch with us and attach a copy of your latest CV to apply.
To thrive as an Administrator in the Balance team you will need specific experience and skills. You should be able to tick these boxes:
- Administration experience in a financial planning company for at least two years.
- Experience in processing authority letters and gathering data about a client’s investments, pensions and life assurance policies.
- Understanding of financial transactions including those related to investments, insurance policies, sales, fund switches, withdrawals.
- Financial administration qualifications would be advantageous.
- Comfortable using different types of technology and systems, including CRM and project management systems, and a range of investment.
- Processing authority letters, and gathering financial data for new clients and annual reviews.
- Preparing application forms and client documentation.
- Processing financial transactions on platforms.
- Preparing client reviews, including gathering financial data, updating goals information and setting up meetings.
- Dealing with the post, emails and any correspondence relating to clients or their financial situation.
- Providing administrative support to the financial planners and paraplanners as required.
- Supporting clients with administrative queries and communication as required.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a supportive environment for continual learning. All technical qualification and training costs are met by the company.
- The opportunity to be part of a team delivering truly great financial planning advice to our interesting and varied range of clients, working closely with all our financial planners and paraplanners.
- This is a full-time role based in our West Bridgford, Nottingham office. The office is closed on Mondays and Fridays. You would be expected to work remotely on those days and in the office Tuesday – Thursday. Flexible working is encouraged.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Attractive benefits including pension, life insurance, online GP service, onsite parking, mobile phone. The company has a strong employee wellbeing focus.