We know we are very different from most financial advisers – and we are proud of it.
Everything we do is carefully designed to give you what you need. Whether that’s a feeling of structure and organisation with your money, financial security with a regular income, or understanding when to make changes such as retiring from work or giving money away.
We know that in order to really help you, it’s not just about investing money for good returns, it’s about minimising taxes through sensible planning, keeping investment costs low, thinking innovatively and in conjunction with other experts where needed. Everything needs to be taken into account, and your situation stress-tested to make sure it is robust, with contingency plans in place.
Top 10 things that make us different!
- We are an independent financial planning business. Otherwise known as an IFA. 85% of financial advice firms are independent.
- We charge fixed fees. You can read more about that here. Very few financial planning firms in the UK charge for their expertise in this way.
- We are a Chartered Financial Planning company. We’re among the top 15% of financial advice companies in the UK with this gold-standard status.
- We have 6 highly qualified, expert Financial Planners. Only 10% of financial planning companies in the UK have more than 5 advisers.
- We have several Pension Transfer Specialists, able to give advice about defined benefit pensions. We are among the 23% of firms authorised to give advice in this complex area.
- We are multi-award winning. We’ve been voted a Top 100 Financial Planning company for the last 5 years and Best Financial Adviser to work for in 2022 and 2023.
- We have a holistic, goals-based approach. Our financial planners are trained through the respected Kinder Life Planning Institute.
- We have two in-house investment portfolio ranges with 10 risk levels. You can read more about that on our dedicated investment website.
- We serve clients around the UK remotely using Microsoft Teams, and otherwise using our offices in Nottingham and Lincoln.
- Four of our six financial planners are female, at a time when women make up only 16% of all financial advisers in the UK. 100% of our board are female or from a minority ethnic background.
Our vision as a business is to positively influence the greatest number of people possible through our expertise as financial planners. There are three threads to this:
- Influence the lives of our clients: We use our expertise to help our clients achieve their life goals as quickly and robustly as possible. Our aim is for our clients to feel prepared, in control, fulfilled, with a support system around them, and able to focus on their personal priorities.
- Influence the experience of our team: We maintain an environment as an employer where it’s a pleasure to work, and encourage continued professional development.
- Influence the direction of our profession: We use our platform to help other firms move towards using a goals-based financial planning approach, and in particular we support other firms aiming to charge flat fees instead of percentages. This involves talking at professional events, contributing to technical publications and supporting other firms on a 1:1 basis.
Holistic financial planning
We are financial planners.
We focus on you and what you want from life, not just your money.
When our plans include recommending a financial product, our independent status helps us find the best option without any restrictions.
We charge fixed, all-inclusive, fees, based on the complexity of what you need, not the amount you invest.
A dedicated team
Committed to delivering the highest-quality financial planning, helping all our clients achieve their life’s aspirations. Our team is encouraged to improve their own skills, while enjoying the benefits of flexible working.
As a Chartered Financial Planning firm, our team has some of the highest-regarded qualifications in the financial advice world, and we believe in continually improving our knowledge and skills.
Each and every client receives a bespoke service, designed around their needs and values.
We are an independent firm, owned and managed by our board. All decisions are taken in-house without external influences.
Core to our ethos of always seeking improvements, we regularly review our advice, systems and processes, as well as engaging specialists to provide their expert feedback.
We believe in the importance of engaging experts to get best results. So, where needed, we will work alongside professionals such as your lawyer and accountant.