We are living longer and more active lives.
For many people, when they reach the traditional ‘three score and 10’ retirement has only just got started. There’s no thoughts of slowing down.
An active retirement, fulfilling your life’s ambitions, taking up those things you didn’t have time to do when you were working or simply spending more time with loved ones can be immensely satisfying. Doing so with the confidence that you don’t have to worry about your financial affairs makes these years even more enjoyable.
However, we know that many people in retirement don’t have such a sense of security and financial wellbeing. All too often people spend their retirement years worried about their finances. Concerned about spending money in case they face financial hardship later in life, or they leave too little when they are gone.
Our job is to take away these concerns, giving you the confidence that your finances are in safe hands, setting you free to enjoy retirement. We will help you:
- Understand how fulfilling retirement can be
- Calculate the income and lump sums you need to achieve all you want in retirement
- Ensure that your spouse or partner will have sufficient income should you die before they do
- Have the confidence to live the life you want, safe in the knowledge that you won’t run out of money and your financial future is secure
- Advise you on any changes you need to make with your pensions to improve tax-efficiency and give you the income you need
- Recommend the most appropriate way of structuring your savings and investments to avoid the corrosive effects of inflation
- Get organised, so your spouse or partner or family will find life simpler when you pass away
- Understand whether you could make gifts to your loved ones now, while you are still alive, without affecting your current or future standard of living
- Consider other ways to reduce the tax due when you die and maximise the amount you can leave to loved ones and good causes
Our planners, and their support team, will work hard to put your financial affairs in order. Working at your pace we’ll solve your current financial concerns, giving you the confidence that whatever is worrying you has been successfully dealt with.
What our clients say
Rebecca took a thorough look at our finances, circumstances and objectives as we began retirement. She has a tremendous ability to simplify an apparently complicated situation. Her clear, straightforward advice showed us how to manage our reduced incomes in future, how to get the best from our investments, savings and pensions, and how much to allow ourselves each year for travel and treats.